CLAT-2016 (Common Law Admission Test -2016 ) is an examination conducted by the University Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University (RMLNLU) having 16 National Law University (NLU) under CLAT Admission test providing facility those candidate who are under graduate and post graduate (LLB & LLM) . It is an Online Examination.
Number of seats for Under Graduate –
- Total number of seats- 2342
- All India seats - 1480
- State category seats - 604
- Special category seats - 258
Number of seats for Post Graduate-
- Total number of seats- 632
- All India seats - 518
- State category seats - 75
- Special category seats - 39
Programs Offered by all the 16 NLUs are –
- (1) B.A.LL.B.(Hons.)
- (2) B.Sc..LL.B.(Hons.)
- (3) B.Com .LL.B.(Hons.)
- (4) B.S.W.LL.B.(Hons.)
- And LL.M. programme is only for those candidates who have completed LL.B. .
16 NLU are-
(1) National Law School of India University, Bangalore (NLSIU)
(2) National Academy of Legal Study & Research (NALSAR) University of Law, Hyderabad
(3) National Law Institute University, Bhopal (NLIU)
(4) The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata (WBNUJS)
(5) National Law University, Jodhpur (NLUJ)
(6) Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur (HNLU)
(7) Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar (GNLU)
(8) Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow (RMLNLU)
(9) Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Patiala (RGNUL)
(10) Chanakya National Law University, Patna (CNLU)
(11) National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi (NUALS)
(12) National Law University Odisha, Cuttack (NLUO)
(13) National University of Study & Research in Law, Ranchi (NUSRL)
(14) National Law University & Judicial Academy, Assam, Guwahati (NLUJAA)
(15) Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, Visakhapatnam (DSNLU)
(16) The TamilNadu National Law School, Tiruchirappalli (TNNLS)
Eligibility Criteria for CLAT- 2016
Educational Qualification For Under Graduate Programme - 10+2 or equivalent examination with a minimum marks
forty five (45%) marks for General /OBC/ Specially abled person (SAP)
40% marks for ST /ST .
Candidate appearing in the qualifying examination in March /April 2016 is also eligible
Age Limit – There is no age limit for CLAT – 2016.
Educational Qualification For Post Graduate Programme –
- L.L.B. or equivalent degree examination with a minimum marks
- 55% marks for General /OBC/ Specially abled person (SAP)
- 50% marks for ST /ST .
- Candidate appearing in the qualifying examination in March /April 2016 is also eligible
Examination Centre –
Bengaluru , Bhopal , Guwahati, Hyderabad , New Delhi , Jodhpur , Kolkata , Lucknow , Patiala , Patna , Raipur , Chandigarh , Cochin , Gandhinagar , Chennai .
Syllabus For Common Law Admission Test –2016 (for UG)
Mainly five sections are covered by the CLAT (UG) examination . Which contain 200 multiple choice questions .Total MarksWill be 200 and Time is 2 hours . 0.25 will be negative marking for each wrong answer .
English (40 questions)– Comprehension , Synonym , antonym , Grammar , Cloze Test , Spelling Mistakes, Spotting Errors , Rearrangement of Sentence or words etc .
Mathematics (20 questions) – Till Class 10
General Knowledge and Current Affairs (50 questions) –This is Broadly defind (You can Cover this by covering all National & International events in between April 2015 to April 2016 )
Reasoning (40 questions) – It Will test the candidates ability to solve problem such as syllogisms, Analogy test , Coding Decoding , Distance and Direction , Ranking, Statement Assumption , Statement Arguments , Statements Action etc .
Legal Aptitude (50 questions) – This is related to study of law, research aptitude & problem solving ability.
Syllabus For Common Law Admission Test –2016 (for PG)
Mainly Three sections are covered by the CLAT (PG) examination . Which contain 150 multiple choice questions .Total Marks Will be 150 and Time is 2 hours . 0.25 will be negative marking for each wrong answer .
- Jurisprudence- 50 questions
- Constitutional Law - 50 questions
- Other Law subject - 50 questions
How Candidates can fill the form /How To Apply for CLAT -2016 –
Application Form for CLAT – 2016 - Application Form for CLAT -2016 will be available online from 1st January 2016 in CLATs official website .According to CLATs notification you can fill this form only Online , no other mode is available . For regular updates candidates can check our website www.clat.ac.in.
Candidates can fill the form for CLAT -2016 from 1st January 2016 , which is available on CLATs official website .Beside this there is no other mode for filling this form . Candidates must pay Rs 4000/- who belongs to General /OBC/ Specially abled person (SAP) and Rs 3500 for ST /ST .candidates .
Online Application Fee –
Rs 4000/- for General /OBC/ Specially abled person (SAP)
Rs 3500 for ST /ST .candidate .
Important Dates For CLAT -2016 –
Starting date of Online Application Form - 1st January 2016
Last date for Online Application Form - 31st March 2016 ( till 11: 59 pm.)
Online Examination date for CLAT - 8th May 2016 (3: 00 pm to 5:00 pm)
Download Admit card from - 15th April 2016